Friday, December 23, 2011

The Forgotten Carols: Let Him In by Michael McLean

Now, I know yesterday I said that "I Cannot Find My Way (Three Kings)" was my favorite Forgotten Carol but that was partly true. "The Innkeeper (Let Him In)" is my favorite! Ok, they both are! :)

The part of this song that I identify most with is another intimately human tendency, to condemn and criticize yourself unnecessarily for mistakes:

He never would condemn me
I did that all on my own
He offered His forgiveness
And ever since then, I've known
He lets us choose each hour of each day
If we'll let Him in to stay; Let Him in
Let Him in, Let the peace on earth begin
Let Him in, Let Him in
Let the hope and joy begin!

And whether it be in your world today
Or a crowded Bethlehem Inn,
Find a way, make Him room
Let Him in!
Let the hope and joy begin
(It's beginning)
Let Him in
Let the peace on earth begin
(It's beginning)
Let Him in!!!!

I hope with the new year to come that we will choose to learn from our mistakes and move on, allowing joy, hope and peace to take room in our hearts and lives. Merry Christmas everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment