Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Forgotten Carols: I Cannot Find My Way/Three Kings by Michael McLean

I think it's a tough call but "I Cannot Find My Way/Three Kings" from The Forgotten Carols may be my favorite... but oh, I love them all!

This song represents that most human of situations--feeling alone and seeking for something--someone--anything to fill the void.

Somewhere beneath the glitter
That comes this time of winter
In many souls there is a cry
They may not clearly say it
But in their hearts they pray it
And you can see it in their eyes

'I cannot find my way
I cannot find my way
I cannot find my way at all
There are so many voices
So many different choices,
I cannot find my way at all.'

We're not alone,
We have a star
And it shines today
The love that He gave
Teaches how
And shows the way
That light,
it's clear to see
If we have faith and believe
Three kings found the Lord
And so can we.


No comments:

Post a Comment